ENGR GBADAMOSI KAMAL ALABI (MNSE, C.Eng)
Ministry of Works and Infrastructure
Mail Address: [email protected]
Dedicated Civil Engineer skilled in all phases of engineering operation. Consistently finishes projects under budget and ahead of schedules. Forward thinking professional familiar with all aspect of construction. Advocates for sustainable infrastructure and committed to designing environmentally conscious and cost effective public infrastructure solution.
DATE OF BIRTH : 25th November, 1970
PLACE OF BIRTH: Lagos
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School1980
Ifon Ilesa, Osun State
First School Leaving Certificate
Ifeoluwa C&S Commercial High School1985
Ilesa, Osun State
WASCE/GCE O’Level Certificate
The Polytechnic Ibadan1989
OND (Civil Engineering)
Obafemi Awolowo University1993
B.SC (Civil Engineering)
Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers2003
Council for Regulation of Engineers (COREN)2004
May 1994 – May 1995 :Essien-Udim Local Government Headquarter.
Position :Corps Member.
Job Description/Responsibilities:Assisting Council Engineer on projects within the Local Government Area
August 1995 – July 1996 :Koya Construction Co. (Nig.) Ltd.
Building, Civil Engineering & General Contractors.
Position :Project Engineer
Job Description/Responsibilities:Amongst projects supervised was the Construction of Network of Roads in Solomade Estate, Ikorodu.
July 1996 – August 2010:Lagos State Civil Service
Ministry of Works and Infrastructure
Position :Executive Engineer II (Civil) – Chief Engineer (CE)
Job Description/Responsibilities:Worked as an Area Engineer in different formations (Local Government Areas)across Lagos Statewith the responsibilities of monitoring and supervision of road and bridges projects. Subsequently elevated to a Chief Engineer and taking headship of a zone.
August 2010 – April 2013 :Office of the Special Adviser on Education (OSAE)
on secondment to Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
Otto-Ijanikin, Lagos. (Works Department).
Position :Chief Engineer (CE)
Job Description/Responsibilities:Served in the Works Department of the tertiary institution with the responsibility of maintenance of all engineering facilities and supervision of building projects (TETFUND and State Government financed).
Coordination and supervision of the rehabilitation of the school road network. Later appointed as Head, Physical Planning Unit.
April 2013 – April 2015 :Ministry of Transportation
Position :Chief Engineer (Civil)-Asst. Director (Civil)
Job Description/Responsibilities:Coordinating and supervision of the provision of the following traffic Infrastructure and furnitures.
- Median Barriers
- Junction Improvement
- Gridlock Resolution
- Pavement/Lane Marking and Kerb painting.
- Provision of Traffic Signal Light within the Metropolis.
April 2015 – Till Date:Ministry of Works & Infrastructure.
Position :Assistance Director – Director
Job Description/Responsibilities:Coordinating and supervision of Road construction works which include but not limited to the following:
- Construction of Epe Network of Roads (Phase 1) by Craneburg Construction Company (Completed).
- Construction of Pencinema Flyover Bridge Agege by Hitech Construction Company Limited (Completed).
- Reconstruction/Rehabililtation of Agric – Isawo – Konu – Arepo Road (Phase 1A) in Ikorodu L.G.A by Hitech Construction Company Limited (On-going).
- Reconstruction/Upgrading of Igbogbo – Bola Ahmed Tinubu – Igbe Road in Ikorodu Local Government Area by Hitech Construction Company Limited (On-going).
- Rehabilitation/Upgrading of Aradagun – Mosafejo – Ilado – Imeke Road in Badagry Local Government Area by CCECC Nigeria Limited (On-going).
- Rehabilitation of Jimoh Odutola Street in Surulere by RCF Nigeria Ltd (On-going).
- Construction of Access Roads with Bridges to Oregun Amusement and Recreational Park by DC Engineering Limited (On-going).
The Job Description also entails headship of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Training Department (PME&T), coordinating activities of the departmental Staff as well as Staff of other Departments during ad hoc assignment.
Responsibilities included discharging assignment as directed by the Permanent Secretaries (Office of Works and Office of Infrastructure) andreporting to them on issues of monitoring technical Staff.
The responsibilities in the Department amongst others included monitoring projects supervised by the Ministry in all the MDAs.
Responsibilities also included ensuring projects are timely delivered with value for money. Schedule in the department also covered organizing training for engineers and other technical Staff to enhance their knowledge in duty areas and keep them abreast of contemporary development in the discharge of their duties.
CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION FOR DILIGENCE PERFORMANCE/COURSES ATTENDED
- Nomination as Worker of the Year -2006.
- Officer of the Month Award – February, 2005 (Senior Category).
- The Nigerian Society of Engineers Letter of Appreciation as LOC Member, Ikeja 97.
- Letter of Effective Job Performance – 2019.
- 10-Day Training Program Requirement on Human Capacity Development, Project Presentation and Strategic Planning.
- Workshop on Developing Strategic Skills for Organizational Improvement.
- Workshop on Effective Project Manageme